Share this Page!
The leadership of the Southwestern Washington Synod celebrates the presence and gifts of our *LGBTQIA2+ siblings in Christ.
We confess and lament over the harm that has been done to beloved members of Christ’s body, often in the name of Christ. We affirm the many congregations and ministries of our synod that practice a broad, intentional welcome to all and most especially those who have been pushed to the margins.
We lift up those worshipping communities who have committed to the practices of being “Reconciling in Christ” as defined by *Reconciling Works. These include:
- Agnus Dei, Gig Harbor,
- Beautiful Savior, Vancouver,
- Calvary, Federal Way
- Jubilee Collective, Vancouver
- Lutheran Church of Christ the King, Tacoma
- Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Olympia
- Peace Lutheran, Puyallup
- Resurrection Lutheran, Tacoma
- Shepherd of the Hills, Stevenson
- University Congregation, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma
- Holy Trinity, Port Angeles
- Immanuel, Vancouver
If your RIC congregation is not listed here, please call the Synod Office and let us know (253-535-8300)
The synod’s RIC Work Team seeks to cultivate a culture of hospitality toward LGBTQIA2+ people and remove barriers to full participation in the life and ministry of the Southwestern Washington Synod.
For more information about current work, please contact Pastor Rebecca Shjerven, Bishop’s Associate (firstname.lastname@example.org)
*for more information go to www.reconcilingworks.org